The Bench Chemist works to help improve existing coatings and develop new coating products and test coating properties. The Bench Chemist will work in the R&D laboratory and investigate and develop coatings pertinent to the projects assigned by the R&D Manager, Technical Direct and Senior Chemists.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Must follow all established safety rules and procedures.
- Schedule and prioritize assigned R&D projects.
- Design, perform and summarize experiments.
- Test developed products; both application and performance.
- Maintain detailed records in the lab notebook.
- Set QC standards if required.
- Produce formulas for manufacturing, if required.
Education, Experience, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry or Polymer Science or related field
- 0-3 years of experience in coatings, adhesives or sealants
- Experience with mechanical properties testing
Skills and Abilities preferred:
- Driven toward innovation and continuous improvement
- Excels in and enjoys problem solving
- Inquiring mind focused on development (personal, professional, and product)
- Prefer an innovator with project management skills and the ability to multitask.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- Experience or knowledge of Microsoft Project is desirable
- Creative and critical thinking skills
- Familiar with product development cycle
- Microsoft Project experience a PLUS!
Interested in joining the Dur-A-Flex team? Please send resume and cover letter to HR@Dur-A-Flex.com. Please put the position you're applying for in the subject line of the e-mail.