The Product Manager is a critical member of the marketing team responsible for developing and managing a broad portfolio of industry leading resinous flooring products. This position works closely with Sales, Marketing, R&D and Operations, to successfully launch new products and improve existing products.
Local Product management of Dur-A-Flex portfolio of products
- Product administration internally and externally
- Specification set-up and monitoring
- Monitoring of cost & selling prices, pricing practices
- Initiate and monitor corrective action for product range (e.g. inventory, quality improvement, qualification),
- Product development across the range,
- Product launch & phase-out
- Ownership of sales plan; ensuring range compliance to strategy
- Development and implementation of mid to long term commercial product strategies, including testing and positioning as needed
- Management and optimization of the product mix (commercial forms, packaging, etc.)
- Mid to long term sourcing strategies for the Products to ensure supply and competitiveness
- Support and Management of the innovation process with R&D from Stage Gate 1 through 5 onwards, including launch on a product level.
Understanding the marketplace
- Understands & seeks continuous learning about the target vertical markets and the entire value chain (down stream/up stream) and future industry trends
- Acquires and has a holistic understanding about customer's business environment, their needs and related competition
- Seeks always to meet current and foreseeable upcoming market needs in ways that provides differentiation and thereby competitive advantages
- Analyzes and identifies new market trends/opportunities in close collaboration with other internal interfaces (e.g. R&D, Tech Service, Sales Force)
Support of Other Marketing, R&D functions
- Working with and support for the other areas of Marketing as needed, Trade show, Graphic Design, Lead Generation, Samples etc.
Education, Experience, Skills and Abilities Required for Consideration as a Candidate:
- BSc in Technical discipline
- 5 years experience in Product Management
- 5 Years experience in Stage-gate Project Management
Education, Experience, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- Chemistry or Chemical Engineering degree
Interested in joining the Dur-A-Flex team? Please send resume and cover letter to HR@Dur-A-Flex.com. Please put the position you're applying for in the subject line of the e-mail.