Performs Credit and Collections duties for Dur-A-Flex primarily in the U.S but as needs arise also in Canada and Mexico. In addition, the Administrator performs prospective and current customer credit analysis, works with outside collections agencies and oversees the lien release and joint check agreement processes. This position will also be responsible for daily customer invoicing, cross-trained in certain cash receipts functions and A/P functions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Administers company credit application process and establishes appropriate credit limits, working with third party credit reporting agencies, customer credit references, and internal sales and finance staff. Accurately documents the data that supports the approved credit limit in the ERP system.
- Establishes and maintains an effective work relationship with customers via proper channels of communication. All matters concerning overdue balances, short payments or other special circumstances are to be documented on the customers’ account in the ERP system.
- Minimize bad debt write-offs and maximizes cash receipts while being sensitive to internal and external customers.
- Prepares a thorough Accounts Receivable aging analysis weekly that is presented to the Controller. Any follow up matters are expected to be addressed with all parties involved including sales, QC, customer service and/or the customer.
- Proactively communicate with customer service and sales to resolve any issues regarding incoming orders for COD customers and customers exceeding their credit limit. Utilizes joint check agreements when possible to support the customer getting their orders as needed. Ensure any special payment arrangements being considered are approved by the Controller in advance of shipment.
- Communicates in a professional manner while keeping and improving customer relations.
- Responsible for reviewing lien releases.
- Manages all dealings with third party collection agency.
- Tracks and prioritizes credit reviews and updates credit limits for existing customers on a periodic basis.
- Performs certain cash receipts functions 2 to 3 days a week.
- Performs customer invoicing on a daily basis.
- Weekly and monthly support for organizational and department metrics to monitor continuous improvement.
- All other duties as assigned
- Must adhere to all company policies and safety rules.
- Must be able to work extended hours when required.
Education, Experience, and/or Skills Required for Consideration as a Candidate:
- High school diploma required; 5+ years of experience in credit and collections, contracting industry a plus.
- Experience with Microsoft Office in Word and PowerPoint. Intermediate level of proficiency with Excel required.
- ERP experience is required.
- Solid judgment and sound decision making skills.
Competencies (if applicable):
- Organizing – Can marshal resources to get things done; orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal; uses resources effectively and efficiently; arranges information and files in a useful manner.
- Priority Setting – Spends time on what’s important; quickly identifies critical matters; can quickly assess what will help or hinder the accomplishment of goals.
- Written and Verbal Communication Skills – Is able to write and speak clearly in a variety of settings; can get messages across that have desired effect.
- Customer Focus – Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers. Gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements; talks and acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Detail oriented.
Location: East Hartford, CT