Maintenance and repair of building and plant equipment in order to maximize Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) for uninterrupted operations. Capital project planning and execution, budget control, coordination and management of third party services. Outstanding communication skills, able to effectively convey messages across multiple departments. Coaching and development of Facilities team members.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Core Skills Overview
- Continuous improvement within a demanding, top-tier quality and safety, health and environmental culture.
- Leadership in project management.
- Cross functional leadership within a matrix organization.
- Develop and implement plans to achieve step change in site performance.
- Effective communications in a cross functional environment with the ability to effectively lead cross functional teams that deliver results.
- Provide technical leadership and ownership in obtaining world class performance in safety, quality, delivery and waste reduction.
- Capital project management, manufacturing, project engineering, predictive and preventive maintenance, computerized maintenance management systems.
- Responsible for assisting in the establishment of annual budget for department and for monitoring costs to stay within established budget.
- Reviews and approves all expenses for the Facilities organization.
- Document management for Electrical, Mechanical and Infrastructure assets
- Develop, track, and maintain KPIs to track and gauge maintenance performance.
- Support all companywide requests for service, using an established procedure for scheduling and prioritization.
- Maintain all facility support functions such as water systems, HVAC, electrical, telcom /computer, security and life support systems
- Engage with outside contractors to manage projects to improve the facility such as roofers, painters, electricians, etc.
- Coordinate Hazardous Waste removal – as required ref WI-EHS-1106
- Ensure adherence to Mon to Fri cleaning schedule for designated production areas.
- Coordinate Waste Water management – as required ref WI-EHS-1107/1107-A
- Daily Consumables Inventory control and communication
Systems Maintenance/ Design*re-Design/ Installation
- Conduct studies on engineering proposals to develop designs for process improvements, equipment redesigns, facility improvements and new equipment installation, utilizing and applying engineering principles, research data and proposed project specifications.
- Participate in CER Approval Process for all facilities related projects
- Key participant in factory acceptance testing and/or site acceptance testing
- Participates in and supports process validation activities (IQ/OQ/PQ)
Preventive Maintenance (PM)
- Provide leadership to plant maintenance team on maintenance programs, with emphasis on planning and scheduling of predictive/preventive maintenance
- Maintain inspection records for all periodic inspection programs performed in a timely manner.
- Maintain a sufficient spare parts inventory of the stockroom and purchasing of material, parts, tools and related equipment needed to maintain, repair or replace equipment and utilities for uninterrupted operation.
- Maintain all certifications as required by the Company such as Forklift, Fire Ext, and Elevated Workspaces. etc.
- Maintain an increased level of awareness while in the Facility in order to alleviate potential safety hazards and equipment malfunctions.
- Follows 3S methodology for Facilities Department
- Keep all tools and equipment required to perform maintenance activities organized (3S) and in excellent condition at all times and replace, if necessary.
- Own and Lead training and implementation for work place safety such as Lock Out/ Tag Out, Hot Work, Facilities JHA, Ladder Inspection, Boom /Scissor Lifts etc.
- Assist in the management of the environmental health and safety affairs of the facility. Manage environmental projects as assigned. Adhere to governmental regulations such as DEP, OSHA, EPA, etc.
- Member Incidence Response Team (IRT)
- Safety plant wide – Near Miss Reporting
Continuous Improvement/Owner Development
- Developing and maintaining a work environment where the best people want to work, where performance is properly recognized and underperformers managed effectively.
- Utilizing 1:1 weekly meetings and the developing a comprehensive Performance and Development Review (PDR) program for all Facilities team members.
- Effectively use of Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) and Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM) tools and concepts to assist in process improvements. Serve as an active participant in LSS & TPM programs that promote continuous improvement.
- Support Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) performance.
- Work with Production to provide facility support on CI and Capital projects
- Must be able to work extended hours when required
- All other duties as assigned
- Must adhere to all company policies / procedures
Education, Experience, Skills and Abilities Required for Consideration as a Candidate:
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in a continuous manufacturing engineering environment.
- BS Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical or related Engineering discipline.
- Must be knowledgeable in the effective use of Lean Six Sigma (LSS) and Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) tools and concepts to assist in process improvements.
- Operational skills with shop equipment Basic computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Experience working with contractors and building renovation projects
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to resolve conflicts effectively
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and current auto insurance. You may be requested to use your personal vehicle to carry out responsibilities and duties of this position.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screening and background check.
- Protects company proprietary, financial, personnel, strategic information.
Education, Experience, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- Lean Certification
- Chemical batch manufacturing
- HVAC, Electrical, Piping knowledge
- Project Management skills
Location: East Hartford, CT