We are seeking a confident, independent and energetic professional to join our sales and marketing team. This individual will be responsible for generating and validating leads for a sales team as well as compiling data for potential customer to market to. Once leads are validated, will be responsible to load into Salesforce and ensure our sales team gets the lead and quickly acts on it. Our ideal candidate for this job is one who is highly motivated, deeply connected to their community, and has the ability to help our company grow.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Validate leads from Web, digital, phone calls and email
- Follow up on lost projects: Understand why we lost
- Follow up on won projects: Understand level of satisfaction with install and the floor
- Cold calling: Call from lists we purchase or call on our existing customer base to see if there is anything we can do for them
- Engage with our contractor base: Understand ways we can help them grow or what they need
- Call architects and specifiers: Generate appointments for our sales teams for sample, meeting or lunch and learns
- com backup: Enter leads and ops when needed
- Digital Marketing Support: Data mining in Industrial Info Resources and Bid Clerk for upcoming jobs we can bid and also pull and compile contacts for our marketing database
- Ensure a positive client experience with every interaction
- Maintain accurate documentation of activity
- See what is working/what is not and react real-time
- Create daily call reports and targets
- Route qualified opportunities, as needed, to the appropriate sales executives for further development and closure
- Key Metrics: Number of out-going calls/day, leads created, leads converted, new opportunities
- Must adhere to all company policies and safety rules.
- Must be able to work extended hours when required.
- All other duties as assigned
Education, Experience, and/or Skills Required for Consideration as a Candidate:
- Associate’s Degree in business, marketing or related field, required
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, marketing or related field, preferred
- Microsoft Office proficient
- 2+ years in sales or closely related role
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and current auto insurance. You may be requested to use your personal vehicle to carry out responsibilities and duties of this position.
Competencies (if applicable):
- Self-motivated and driven
- Background in sales (inside or outside) or customer service
- Excellent communication both verbally and written (Spanish preferred but not required)
- Ability to present any script confidently, over the phone or in person
- Strong organization skills to handle multiple engagements and follow up on tasks
- Able to prioritize and work independently with minimal supervision
Location: East Hartford, CT
Disclaimer: The statements included herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. The Company retains the right to add to or change the duties of this position at its discretion.