This position has the primary responsibility of supporting the development of resinous flooring system formulations in Epoxy, MMA or Polyurethane, among other chemistries.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Working with Research Scientists to test experimental and commercial polymers for the Market.
- Complete laboratory projects to support Polymer Research & Development for the Dur-A-Flex Business.
- Coordinate lab activities to finish lab project on time and report lab results according to scientist requirements.
- Perform maintenance and calibration activities required to maintain Quality and Safety compliance.
- Develop the necessary knowledge in the equipment and procedures to provide expertise to internal and external customers.
- Serve within a laboratory team in such activities as equipment repairs, including interfacing with manufacturers, contractors and site facilities.
- Assist other technicians in the completion of development projects as necessary.
- Generate ideas that improve the safety, efficiency and overall effectiveness of the laboratory and its team.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education, Experience, Skills and Abilities Required for Consideration as a Candidate:
- High School diploma is required with 3 years practical laboratory experience in a chemical related field – OR – Bachelors or Associates degree with 0-1 years practical laboratory experience in a chemistry related field.
- Must be able to work with little supervision.
- Must be flexible and capable of adapting to priority changes on a daily basis.
- Must possess good oral and written communication skills.
- Must operate with a high sense of urgency.
- Must be able to work comfortably in a team environment and also effectively on individual efforts.
- Must have a strong work ethic and self motivation.
- Must have the highest standards of integrity, accuracy and attention to detail.
- Must have basic computer skills and be comfortable with email, MS Word and MS Excel.
Education, Experience, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- 2 + years experience in lab positions of increasing responsibility.
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment on a rotating shift.
- Experience with MMA, Epoxy or Polyurethane products, laboratory testing and practices.
- Experience running GCs, HPLC, FTIRs, Viscometers.
Location: East Hartford, CT