The Manufacturing Machinery Maintenance Technician is a “Hands-on” Maintenance Technician, providing technical assistance and support to manufacturing operations, in order to support Manufacturing performance and Continuous Process Improvement initiatives.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Preventive Maintenance (PM)
- Development of Equipment Preventive and Predictive Schedules based upon Historical Performance and Manufacturers suggested maintenance intervals.
- Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer’s instructions, and engineering specifications and established PM schedules.
- Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using available precision measuring and testing instrument and troubleshooting malfunctions
- Maintains equipment, parts, critical spares and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed equipment, parts, and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt.
- Prepares mechanical maintenance reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Maintains both hardcopy and electronic records for history of PM’s for all manufacturing assets
- Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs. (PM/TPM docs)
- Provides mechanical maintenance information by answering questions and requests.
- Fabricates repair parts as needed by using machine shop instrumentation and equipment.
Total Productive Maintenance (TPM)
- Supports Overall Equipment Effectiveness(OEE) performance by informing production workers of routine Total Productive Maintenance(TPM) techniques and monitoring compliance
- Development of TPM Documentation
- Follows 3S methodology for Facilities Department
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations
- Member of Incident Response Team(IRT)
- Work Order System Administration
- Assistance in implementation of projects
- Assistance in the development of continuous improvement initiatives (Quick Kaizen, etc)
- Become the Process Expert. Primary contact for Manufacturing, regarding equipment and process issues, including (but not limited to) equipment downtime and production of nonconforming material
Minimum Education, Experience, and/or Skills Required:
- 2 Year technical degree
- Certifications in technical aspect of maintenance (hydraulics, control circuits, electrical etc.)
- Demonstrated Electrical and Mechanical Expertise
- Project management Experience
- Comprehensive understanding of Preventative & Predictive Maintenance
- Working knowledge of TPM
Competencies (if applicable):
- Electrical License, preferred
- Self-starting; highly motivated
- Inquisitive; inventive
- High technical aptitude
- Critical, analytical thinking
- Data driven and fact based decision making capabilities
- Must show that individual has ability to perform root cause analysis and demonstrate excellent trouble-shooting skills in high pressure environment
- Good computer skills