Responsible for fulfilling customer orders and receiving shipments in a timely fashion. This includes pulling, palletizing, staging products and preparing documents for order. Placing orders for accessories, maintaining a clean work station and following safety procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Complete all orders assigned while maintaining a high level of product quality.
- Perform assembly and packaging duties in accordance with written product specifications and company SOP’s.
- Responsible for proper documentation on Bill of Ladings and other shipments.
- Responsible for contacting and arranging pick up times with freight carriers.
- Responsible for following proper shutdown procedures at end of day.
- Closing of order in a timely fashion.
- Responsible for maintaining stock of accessories and shipping materials.
- Receiving purchased material, verify vs. PO, and inspect for damage.
- Loading trucks to ensure minimal damage during transit.
- Provide customer service for contractors/freight carriers.
- Responsible for daily shutdown and locking doors.
- Available to work extended hours when required.
- Follow all established company policies & procedures.
- All other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education, Experience, and/or Skills Required:
- High School Diploma or GED, required
- Minimum of 3 years shipping/receiving experience
- Minimum of 3 years forklift experience
- Experience working in a fast paced industrial warehouse environment
- DOT Hazmat certified, preferred
- Must possess good mathematical skills, basic computer skills and good oral and written communication skills.
Location: East Hartford, CT
Disclaimer: The statements included herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. The Company retains the right to add to or change the duties of this position at its discretion.