Select the topic of interest to scroll directly to that section:
Doing Business with Dur-A-Flex
Where can I purchase Dur-A-Flex products?
- Dur‑A‑Flex products can only be purchased by approved Dur‑A‑Flex flooring contractors. Reach out to your local territory sales manager for approved installers in your area.
Where can I find pricing and availability information?
- Product pricing and availability information can be obtained from your local territory sales manager. Existing accounts can also contact customer service for product availability: 877-831-8118 | firstname.lastname@example.org
How do I become an approved flooring contractor?
- Becoming an approved flooring contractor with Dur-A-Flex starts with a conversation with your local territory sales manager and attending one of our Applicator Training Programs. Get started.
Do you offer a warranty?
- Dur-A-Flex, as a manufacturer of goods, stands behind its products by warranting that, subject to the limitations outlined in our Standard Warranty, for a period of 1 year from shipment, its products are in conformity with its published specifications, subject to standard tolerances for variations, except that color cannot be warranted as to uniformity of shade or conformity to samples. If Dur-A-Flex determines a product does not meet this warranty, it will replace it, refund the purchase price or give a credit to the purchaser, at its sole option, as Buyer’s sole remedy.
Read the full Standard Warranty: Terms and Conditions
What areas do you serve? Do you ship your products internationally?
- Dur-A-Flex, Inc headquarters is in North America, with additional U.S. based distribution centers. Our products are also shipped globally; we welcome new international accounts and strategic partners.
Where are your products manufactured?
- All Dur-A-Flex materials are packaged in Connecticut, USA from regional and global materials.
Do your products qualify for the Buy American Act?
- Certain products can be made to fulfill the Buy American Act by request. Speak with your local territory sales manager on more information for your specific needs and which products can be made with USA based materials.
Are your products in compliance with California Department of Public Health (CDPH) 01350?
- Yes, most Dur-A-Flex resinous flooring systems meet the constraints of low TVOC via CDPH v1.2-2017 testing.
Does Dur-A-Flex sell cleaners for epoxy floors?
- Yes, we sell cleaners for all of our resinous flooring systems. Cryl-A-Clean, EZ-Clean, Simoniz 969 Cleaner, and Tire Mark Remover are available for all to purchase. To place an order for any of these cleaning products, please contact Customer Service: 877-831-8118 | email@example.com
How do I choose a resinous floor?
- Choosing the right resinous floor begins with what is intended for the space. Consider what the floor will come in contact with: foot traffic, vehicle traffic, water, chemicals, etc., this will help you narrow down options. The Dur-A-Flex Floor Finder tool will assist you in finding the features that will suit your needs in any environment.
Are resinous floors hygienic?
- Yes, resinous (seamless) floors eliminate crevices and absorptive surfaces that can harbor pathogens, harmful germs, and debris to create an exceptionally hygienic surface. Seamless surfaces are also easier to clean and maintain and are preferred in any environment where sterilization is key. Read this article to learn more.
What substrates can resinous floors be installed on?
- Dur-A-Flex resinous flooring is best suited for prepared concrete substrates, however, select products can also bond to steel plating and plywood for use in multiple spaces in any building.
How do I know if I have too much moisture for epoxy floors?
- Begin each job with a survey of the installation space. Use of the Dur‑A‑Flex Floor Evaluation Guidelines is easiest place to begin. This document is available in both English and Spanish and is located in Project Preparation Documents. For more assistance and information contact your territory sales manager.
How long does it take to install a resinous floor?
- The time it takes to install a resinous flooring system will vary from project to project. The complexity of the project, size of the space, and the type of system chosen will all impact the installation time. Dur‑A‑Flex systems can be installed in as little as one day but 1-5 days is average.
Who can install a Dur-A-Flex flooring system?
- Dur-A-Flex flooring systems are only installed by approved flooring contractors. These contractors are an elite group of flooring contractors who have gone through special training in order to work with Dur-A-Flex products. Contact your local territory sales manager to be put in touch with an approved installer.
How long do resinous floors last?
- Resinous flooring has a significantly longer lifespan than traditional flooring or uncoated concrete substrates and has an average life of 10+ years. The actual lifecycle of the floor is dependent on the intended use, cleaning schedule, and performing regular maintenance. Contact your technical service representative for more information on how to optimize the lifespan of your Dur-A-Flex floor.
Can you help with LEED compliance? What products count towards LEED credits?
- Yes, all Dur-A-Flex resinous flooring products can earn LEED v4.0 / 4.1 credits for your project. MR credits are currently available for BD+C, ID+C via building product disclosure and optimization for environmental product declarations and material ingredient reporting. Most Dur-A-Flex resinous flooring can also earn IEQ credits for BD+C and ID+C via indoor environmental air quality by using low-emitting materials. Contact us to learn more.
How much does a resinous floor cost?
- There are many variables that go into the pricing of a resinous flooring system. The type of flooring system, whether or not moisture mitigation is required, how much flooring preparation is involved, and the square footage of the project are contributing factors. It is best to discuss these details with a Dur‑A‑Flex territory sales manager or one of our approved Dur‑A‑Flex Flooring Contractors. They will work with you to estimate how much your flooring project will cost.
What design options are available?
- There are several design options available ranging from single colors to standard or custom blends of decorative chip and quartz aggregate. The ReFLEXions line uses metallic pigments to create unique designer looks. Use the Design-A-Floor tool to see what a resinous floor would look like in your space.
What is the thickness of a Dur-A-Flex resinous floor?
- Floor system thickness varies between different types of installations and the needs of the end user. Thin-mil floor systems can be as little as 24 mils, with high build systems exceeding 3/8”. Contact your local Territory Sales Manager for more information on all Dur-A-Flex flooring systems and which is best for your use.
What needs to be done to maintain your floors, and how often?
- The lifetime of your floor will depend upon how well you clean it. Dur-A-Flex floors are designed for and used in heavy traffic areas that typically accumulate foreign matter. The recommended maintenance schedule for most areas is once or twice daily cleaning and regular “touch-ups” for spills. Less frequent cleaning of these areas results in a buildup of foreign matter, which diminishes the appearance, safety and service life of the floor. For full details on cleaning please refer to our Cleaning Guidelines. Cleaning Guidelines
What are the mix ratios?
- Dur-A-Flex flooring systems are made up of several layers, each one may be volumetric or as a pre-weighed kit. See the individual product application instructions for more information.
Where can I find the Cleaning Guidelines?
- The Cleaning Guidelines are located in the Contractor Center → Project Preparation Documents. English and Spanish versions are available.
Where can I find LEED Compliance Documentation?
- LEED Compliance Documentation can be found in the Contractor Center and Architect Center sections of our website. For further assistance with these please contact us.
Where are Application Instructions found?
- Application Instructions are located in the Contractor Center along with all other pertinent documentation to preparing and installing Dur-A-Flex products. Application Instructions are also accessible from each flooring system’s web page.
Where are the Surface Preparation Guidelines located?
- The Surface Preparation Guidelines are located in the Contractor Center → Project Preparation Documents. English and Spanish versions are available.
Do you provide joint and crack guidelines?
- Yes, Dur-A-Flex provides documentation on treating joints and cracks. Both documents are available in the Contractor Center → Project Preparation Documents. English and Spanish versions are available.
Where can I find safety data sheets for your products?
- All safety data sheets can be located in the Contractor Center section of our website. They are conveniently organized by systems and components.