Methyl Methacrylate: Fast and Strong Floors
Dur-A-Flex’s methyl methacrylate (MMA) flooring products are part of the Cryl-A-Flex line. Cryl-A-Flex floors are ideal for facilities that need to return to service quickly. These quick-curing floors are ready to use in as little as one hour.
The quick cure time allows for faster installation and job completion. This is a win-win situation as it reduces downtime for the facility and enables the flooring contractor to complete more projects.
MMA resinous flooring systems are beneficial in many ways. Offering excellent chemical resistance, exceptional slip resistance, superior abrasion resistance, and UV stability, MMA flooring systems are ideal in many markets — both indoors and outdoors.
Cryl-A-Flex floors systems offer a complete solution for a wide range of applications. They are installed in supermarkets, pharmaceutical, healthcare, animal care, industrial, hospitality facilities, and many others. Specific applications in these facilities include sales floors, food preparation areas, laboratories, restrooms, lobbies, freezers, and more.
MMA Flooring Features and Benefits
Some of the primary features of MMA flooring from Dur-A-Flex are:
- Quick cure (1 hour)
- UV resistant (Great for outdoors)
- Low-temperature cure: ≥ 0°F
- Resistant to micro scratches: foot & wheel traffic
- No wear patterns on the floor
- Variety of finishes
- Matte Finish
- Meets USDA / FDA requirements
- Meets VOC regulations, less than 100 g/l
Additional product benefits include:
- Low maintenance costs: MMA floors are simple to maintain and clean.
- Fast application: Quick cure times allow installers to complete more projects in a facility because of the minimal wait time between coatings and layers.
- Slip resistance: Textured finishes provide a safer floor, even when wet.
- Chemical and wear resistance: MMA delivers a high-quality flooring system with superior chemical resistance and ability to withstand daily wear.
- Sustainability: MMA flooring adheres to Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) principles and other sustainable programs.
Cryl-A-Flex flooring systems offer a long service life. They are easy to keep clean and do not require waxing or stripping to maintain their “like-new” appearance. MMA is safe when used under normal conditions and poses no health hazard at typical exposure levels.
Our MMA flooring solutions are available as decorative quartz or chip systems, pigmented broadcast systems, self-level systems, sanitary cove base, and ESD floors. MMA is also used for broadcast coats and topcoats as a part of the Hybri-Flex MQ, MC and MB flooring systems. We offer clear or pigmented finishes, including solid colors, colored quartz, and colored chips.
Choosing MMA Flooring by Dur-A-Flex for Your Organization
If you’re considering new MMA flooring for any part of your facility, the experts at Dur-A-Flex can help you find the ideal solution. We feature a fully staffed technical support department trained to provide you with dedicated service from the field or our office. Contact us online to request pricing or obtain additional product information.
Learn more by exploring the various systems above or watching the following webinar.