February 28, 2022
There are several products where color or pigments are added in the field. Dur-A-Flex recommends that Application Instructions are thoroughly read and understood before applying.
Here is a combined list of instructions for adding pigments to several of our products:
- Pour Armor Top hardener into a 2 gallon bucket.
- If color is desired, add Armor Top Colorant; mix for 30 seconds.
- Add Armor Top resin and mix for 30 seconds.
- If specified, slowly add Armor Top Grit and continue mixing for an additional minute.
Poly-Thane #2 High Solids
- Poly-Thane #2 High Solids is pigmented with Add-A-Color.
- Add 8 ounces of Add-A-Color per mixed gallon.
- Blend resin and hardener, add Add-A-Color #4 and mix for approximately one minute.
Dur-A-Glaze #4 Field Pigment Pack
- Always pre-measure resin and hardener at the proper 2:1 ratio (2 Resin: 1 Hardener) prior to adding the Field Pigment Pack(s)
- Pour Dur-A-Glaze #4 Field Pigment Pack directly into pre-measured clear Dur-A-Glaze #4 Resin prior to mixing with Dur-A-Glaze Hardener (no pre-mixing of the pigment is required).
- Scrape all available pigment out of the container using a new paint stick or clean silicone spatula. Do not scrape the stick or spatula on the side of the mix container. All pigment must be used for proper color to be achieved.
- Mix resin and pigment for 60 seconds with a high speed drill and Jiffler mixing blade.
- Each Dur-A-Glaze #4 Field Pigment Pack is designed to pigment 1 gallon of clear Dur-A-Glaze #4 Resin – for a multi-gallon mix. More pigment packs can be used at the same time at 1 pack per gallon of resin.
- Once the Dur-A-Glaze #4 Resin is mixed with pigment, combine with hardener and apply per SHOP FLOOR mixing / application instructions.
NOTE: Color variation from mix to mix is expected. Dur-A-Glaze #4 Resin pigmented with the Field Pigment Packs are for use as a broadcast and grout coat only. The use of a pigmented topcoat, such as ARMOR TOP, is required over Dur-A-Glaze #4 grout coats pigmented with FIELD PIGMENT PACKS. Pre-pigmented topcoats should always be purchased from the same batch (if possible) to reduce the possibility of color variance in the final topcoat.
Pigment Mix Guide (per 1 full container of pigment)
|Product||Mix Size (gal)||SF / Gal||SF / MIx|
|Glaze #4 (reg. and WC), Ultra-Clear||1.50||100||150|
NOTE: Blizzard is not to be used as a primary color, only an accent color.
As always if you have any questions please reach out to our Technical Services department: 877-251-5418.