June 4, 2020
Super-Stick additive is a liquid bond promoter. It can be added to any Dur-A-Flex 100% solids epoxy to increase the bond strength to existing epoxies, polyurethanes, or ceramic and quarry tiles. If the existing substrate has been “sounded out” and is well bonded and the new floor system will be an epoxy based system, there is no need to completely remove the existing flooring system.
Simply prepare the floor surface as follows:
- Clean and degrease with EZ-CLEAN floor cleaner/degreaser or similar
- Mechanically abrade by shot-blasting, grinding or sanding to totally remove gloss
- Vacuum to remove residual dust
- Tack rack surface with Acetone™ or similar clean solvent to remove fine dust and to soften the surface
- Mix 2 fluid ounces of Super Stick additive into a 1 ½ gallon mix of Dur-A-Glaze #4 and apply by squeegee and roller @ ~200 square feet per gallon.
When installing over existing tile floors, follow the preparations steps above and prime with Elast-O-Coat/Super Stick. Please note it is recommended that grout lines receive a skim coat with an appropriate product prior to the installation of the flooring system. Please contact your Sales Rep. or Tech Rep. to discuss options based on the composition of the tile, the depth and width of the grout lines, etc.
If an existing epoxy floor is in good condition and simply needs a re-coat with Dur-A-Gard epoxy follow the preparation steps outlined above, add 2 ounces of Super Stick to 1 ½ gallons of Dur-A-Gard and apply by squeegee and roller @ ~100 – 200 square feet per gallon.
When re-coating over existing Armor Top urethane that has surpassed the re-coat window of 24 hours, use of Dur-A-Glaze #4/Super Stick is required as a prime coat before applying subsequent coat(s). See link for the Armor Top Application Instructions below for complete details.
Technical Manager – South