August 20, 2018
Most installations of decorative chip flooring implement the use of a flat trowel or floor buffing machine with a brush to knock down chips.
One tip to reduce stress on your back and improve overall reach / fit into spaces where machines can’t, is to use a painter’s sanding pole to knock down the chips before sealing the floor.
The procedure is as follows:
- Remove the majority of chips/flakes quickly to remove the bulk.
- Use a painter’s swivel head sanding pole with #80 – #100 grit paper or screen.
- With the sanding pole swipe the chips quickly from side to side as well as forward and back, working backwards.
- Once you get a feel for it you will pick up speed and be done with a nice flat floor.
- Remove the excess chips once more and you’re ready for your grout coat.