Job Summary: Performs receiving, in-process and final inspection for raw materials and finished goods. Responsible for documenting test results and reporting issues to the Quality Engineer.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform final inspection per the inspection plan for each batch of material produced. Includes visual and functional verifications along with required written documentation
- Records inspection results and completes appropriate documentation for nonconforming products/materials - verbal /computer.
- Maintains QC records and batch retains in an organized and readily retrievable cabinet/rack.
- Reports Quality problems to Quality Engineer, assists in product containment and follows up to ensure corrective actions have taken place (audits)
- Visually compare drawdown samples to assess/detect manufacturing variations in processes
- Perform audits on company Quality Management System
- Make quality system recommendations and follow-through to implementation to address issues found
- Assist in continuous improvement activities.
- Adheres to procedure/company policies.
- Must be able to work extended hours as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned by manager/supervisor.
Minimum Education, Experience, and/or Skills Required:
- High School Diploma or equivalent, required
- Associate’s Degree or Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 5 years of Quality experience
- Experience in a chemical manufacturing environment
- Experience using lab equipment such as scales, viscometers, FTIR
- Must be able to read, understand and interpret inspection specifications.
- Basic computer skills required.
- Must be able to properly use measurement equipment.
- Strong mathematical skills
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision
Minimum Education, Experience, and/or Skills Preferred:
- 2 years prior chemistry laboratory experience
- Basic understanding of Lean Six/Sigma