Job Summary: The Technical Service Manager is responsible for all Technical issues and representation of Dur-A-Flex on jobsites in a designated geographical region. This includes but is not limited to: providing technical advice to the Dur-A-Flex customer base and Dur-A-Flex employees to resolve product or service requests regarding engineering, technical or scientific issues with our floor systems. The TSM is extensively familiar with field concepts, practices, and procedures as it relates to the Dur-A-Flex product line and industry standards. The Dur-A-Flex TSM relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. The TSM performs a variety of tasks and functions as a key team member across multi-departmental projects and takes full accountability for the technical reporting, and recommendations for execution based on these criteria. There will be a great deal of interdepartmental communication required in this position as it relates to field issues, internal development of new products and improvements to existing products, team training on new products and industry applications and TSM’s role also includes leading and directing the work of others including the Applicator Developer role which will function as an integral partner in the field to all customers and employees. A wide degree of creativity and flexibility is expected.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical training for contractors through onsite and in-house educational programs.
- Provide onsite technical support for established DAF contractors and end users.
- Trouble shoot complications related to product installation
- Team leader working on projects related to:
- Floor Failure Analysis
- Product Failure Analysis
- Benchmarking Competitive Products
- R&D Projects
- Aid in the proper specification of Dur-A-Flex flooring and wall systems
- Determine Best Practice Surface Preparation Methods
- Determine Best Practice Application procedures
- Provide assistance navigating through the DAF website
- Provide assistance navigating through the DAF Technical Catalog
- Work as a key support member on R&D projects
- Assist RSM and TL/RM by providing technical sales support
- Make presentations to DAF contractors demonstrating new and existing products
- Provide field intelligence on new product opportunities, services and market potentials.
- Must adhere to all company policies and safety rules.
- Must be able to work extended hours when required
- Travel requirements greater than 60% of time.
Education, Experience, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- 4-Year college degree; science, engineering or technical preferred but not required.
- Minimum 5 years in technical support / concrete coating application with a minimum of 2 years in resinous flooring product application experience.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are essential.
- Leadership experience is essential.