Job Summary: The Regional Manager will be responsible with growing revenue, profitability and relationships within a specific area and territory as assigned, and the development/implementation of territory business plans for customers and accounts within the geography assigned. The Regional Sales Manager will work closely with contractors, Architectural and engineering firms, end users and OEM accounts and develop needs for DAF products and services to build long-term, profitable relationships.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Grow territory revenue through an increase in sales to contractors and end users year over year. Show a steady and viable increase in overall territory business through relationship management of the contractor base and end-user targets.
- Develop relationships with applicators as a customer base through sales calls and presentations on DAF product features and benefits
- Develop sound and technically viable project specifications that list DAF as the basis of design or approved product throughout the architect and engineering community through sales calls, presentations, and industry events.
- Develop sales plans, territory business plans, forecasts and administrative reports that show growth and market penetration as requested by management either manually or through SFDC.
- Utilize and maintain all account/contact information, project pipeline data and territory/product sales forecasts in Salesforce.Com (SFDC). Keep monthly information up to date and current at all times for general review by management.
- Support the contractor base through project pull thru at end-user client base with full technical understanding and knowledge of products and applications for DAF flooring material
- Develop, and manage regional and national strategic accounts in conjunction with the Business Development Group.
- Manage contractor base to participate in Applicator Training Program. Maintain the preferred contractor base status and quality through onsite monitoring and job site follow up after the training program.
- Utilize and work in conjunction with the Technical Service Group on project problem resolution to support contractor and end-user customer base.
- Provide coverage at industry events such as trade shows, industry meetings and market specific events as needed on a regional or national basis.
- Attend national sales meetings or other functions as required by DAF at least twice per year.
Education, Experience, Skills, and Abilities Preferred:
4-Year college degree; science, engineering or technical preferred but not required. Minimum 5 years technical/industrial sales experience, with experience in development/implementation of sales plans with above plan performance. Strong verbal and written communication skills are essential. Team selling and territory/customer leadership experience are essential.